Saturday, January 17, 2015

Breakfast: I love it!

I have learned that when I don't eat in the morning I get grumpy, sleepy and headachy...which are all awful things when you're supposed to be on top of your game in your business classes! But I also have a limited time slot, so there really isn't much time to just make something that's filling and healthy. So I have my go to winter breakfast: oatmeal. 

I love it. Okay so growing up I dumped tons of sugar on it, honey, milk etc. and I'm not eating any of those things now...so what do I do? Well the substitutes that I've found not only are healthier, they're filling and add a fun variety:

Shayla's Oatmeal Delight:

1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats (healthier than instant and usually cheaper)
1 cup water
3/4 cup assorted berries (or any fruit for that matter, but this is my favorite)
1 banana

Put your oats and water into a microwave proof bowl.

Heat for one minute, stir the oats and water, and then heat for an additional 30 seconds. Keep your eye on it, it might need a little more time, just make sure you check it every thirty seconds after the initial minute otherwise it might overflow allover your microwave. 

Remove bowl from microwave, add fruit, mix and enjoy!

I often have this as a snack too, especially if I'm up late studying and I want something sweet but not really caloric. It's also really colorful so it looks pretty. :)



Enjoy! 

-Shayla

SLENDER

No comments:

Post a Comment