Monday, January 26, 2015

You Didn't Learn to Walk Without Falling Down

Sometimes there are struggles and trials that come with trying to eat healthily, and sometimes they are hard to get through. Take for instance when your entire apartment decides that they don't have enough chocolate in their lives and each makes brownies and/or cookies. Then they leave them out, ensuring everyone that if they want one, "Please, feel free!".  That was my weekend...and well you know the drill.

Your roommate makes brownies

What you see:


What it really is:


So how do we get over this? Well let me tell you, it was a rough weekend for the diet and it's a little bit of a struggle getting back on. But Igot back on! This change isn't easy, and we're going to trip every once-in-a-while. But the key is to keep trying and not give up. One of the biggest lies that we tell ourselves when we're trying to do anything is that when we fail, then we've failed and there's no going back. That's a big, fat, hairy lie!

I didn't learn to walk without falling down, I missed the toilet a couple times being potty-trained. If we were a one chance only species, I'd be a 21 yearold in a stroller wearing diapers. Well I don't know about you, but eventually I figured out the walking and potty-training thing, and now I run three miles a day and can take 4 hour road-trips without having to stop at a rest-stop.

Learning to eat healthily is the same idea. We're going to trip and fall a lot as we're figuring things out, but we get better every time. So while I did eat the brownies, I kept exercising, I kept making meals that were healthy and in the diet.

So don't give up on yourself, you can do it! One day doesn't condemn a future of healthy eating, but days of giving up on yourself will.

And in the end, you'll find you're really happier with this:


"Find the way of life you love, then have the courage to live it."
-Author Unknown

-Shayla

SLENDER



No comments:

Post a Comment