Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Craving Killers: Hummus Meals

So last week I posted about Spinach Hummus (if you missed that post you can find it here) and today I'm going to share two complimentary meals that go well with it, you can it them separately, or serve them as a meal and a side. 

Green Salad Dressing

Yield: 2 Servings
Prep time: 10 minutes

You'll need:
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • 1 Roma Tomato
  • 4-6 Mini Bell Peppers
  • 1/2 Cucumber
  • 1/4 Cup Diced Mushrooms
  • 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
  • 2 Tablespoons of Spinach Hummus (or as desired)

Put together your salad. I suggested some things that you can use, but always remember that the beautiful thing about salads is that any veggies can go together, so feel free to put whatever you want on it. :)

Mix your hummus with the lemon juice, as this will make it thinner and easier to mix. Put on your salad and enjoy! I also will add minced garlic sometimes, or a little bit of salt. It depends on what consistency you like. I personally don't like runny hummus, so I leave it a little thick. 

Rice and Hummus (Sorry, couldn't think of anything more original at the moment)

Yield: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes

You will need:


Cook the rice, normal brown rice is healthier for you, so not using instant is better but you can if you like. If you have an InstaPot, cooking time is 8 minutes or so, if you don't, then 30 minutes with a rice-cooker. 

Warm the Spinach Hummus for about 1 minute until it's softened and reached a sauce like consistency (again you can add a little more lemon juice or water as a thinner). Serve on top of rice and enjoy! This is one of my favorite meals...it might be the rice lover within me, so I have to make just one serving of it or I'll totally stuff my face with it. 

(Take note, the picture shows regular hummus, so don't worry when the Spinach Hummus ends up being a paler green).

No comments:

Post a Comment